BIT, BCom, MBBS (Hons), FRACS (Oto), ENT Surgery
Dr Dan Robinson is a fully qualified ENT Surgeon with further training in facial plastic surgery. He is the only surgeon in Queensland who has passed the international federation of facial plastics surgery exam which is held in Washington DC once per year.
He has focused his practice on very specific areas of ENT to achieve the best possible results for his patients. The areas he focuses his practice on include:
- Sinus disease
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery
- Functional rhinoplasty
- Cosmetic rhinoplasty
- Otoplasty – otherwise known as ear pinning
- Facial plastics
Dr Robinson has the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Information Technology – Bond University
- Bachelor of Commerce – Bond University
- Bachelor of Medicine / Bachelor of Surgery – Honours – Sydney University
- Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons – ENT Surgeon
In addition to these degrees Dr Dan Robinson has also completed a full year of fellowship training in facial plastic surgery. He has also successfully completed the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Examination. He is the only surgeon in Queensland with this qualification.
Dr Robinson is a member of the following societies:
- Royal Australian College of Surgeons
- Australian Society of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery
- Australian Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Dr Dan Robinson works at multiple hospitals including:
- Gold Coast University Hospital
- Pindara Private Hospital
- Pindara Day Procedure Centre
- Gold Coast Private Hospital
Dr Dan Robinson has also been appointed as a Honorary Adjunct Assistant Professor at Bond University and actively lectures students on sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, adenotonsillar disease and grommets.
Additional Professional Activities and Contributions
Dr Dan Robinson is actively involved in teaching of training registrars. He trains registrars in how to perform the operations in which he sub-specialises. He also tutors training ENT surgeons in preparing for the fellowship examination in ENT Surgery.
Dr Dan Robinson has an active interest in research. He has completed a research project looking at the safety and efficacy of the use of a topical steroid cream in its application to the paranasal sinuses. He has also started another research project which is looking at mucocilary flow in patients with chronic rhinosinusitis.
Dr Dan Robinson has published the following book chapters:
- Robinson D, Sacks R “Septal and Turbinate Surgery” In: Schlosser RJ, Harvey RJ, eds Endoscopic sinus surgery: Optimizing Outcomes and Avoiding Failures.
- Robinson D, Sacks R “Orbital and Lacrimal Surgery” In: Schlosser RJ, Harvey RJ, eds Endoscopic sinus surgery: Optimizing Outcomes and Avoiding Failures.
Dr Dan Robinson has published the following papers:
- “Orbit and orbital apex” Robinson D, Wilcsek G, Sacks R. Otolarygology Clinics of North America. 2011, Vol 44 (4) p.903-922
- “Lateral frontal sinus access in endoscopic skull base surgery” Timperley D, Banks C, Robinson D, Roth J, Sacks R, Harvey R. Allergy and Rhinology, 2011, Vol 1 (4) p290-295